9.8.09

Patron Saint Of Hairdressers


St. Martin de Porres.

Now I’m not a religious guy, however I do like the idea of salons world wide hanging this little picture up on their walls.

St. Martin de Porres became the patron saint of hairdressers because hairdressing was one of the duties he performed for his brothers in the friary.

Check him out, he looks like Moss Deff or the guy who played Jesus in Madonna’s Like A Pray music video.

St. Martin de Porres was born at Lima, Peru, in 1579. His father was a Spanish gentleman and his mother a coloured freed-woman from Panama. At fifteen, he became a lay brother at the Dominican Friary at Lima and spent his whole life there-as a barber, farm laborer, almoner, and infirmarian among other things.

I wonder what I have to do to get canonized as a modern day saint? And wouldn't it look good on my resume`.




 

7 comments:

  1. Where did you find this picture? It is badass. I have a special devotion to Martin because I was born on his feast day (Nov3), so he's my patron too. (My middle name is Martin)

    So, I need a print of this. I want it framed in my house.
    Later, Eddie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! St. Martin de Porres is a badass, in the true sense of the word. In addition to being the patron saint of hairdressers, he's also the patron saint of interracial justice and patron saint of the poor. My grandmother used to have a little altar to him in her bedroom, and his glowing red eyes scared the bejeezus out of me. It wasn't until I was an adult when I really began to appreciate him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if by "badass" you mean humble and a lover of human and animal-kind, you are so right, brother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think youll find he is already canonised... thats why hes St (saint) Martin de Pores.... already a saint.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a great article. You're even good with informational content like you have here. Keep up the good work! Just visit here hairdressers Carindale.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please note that you can leave your hat on like any small bow or not maybe will do especially us women as for our men they're gonna be nice and your loving kindness is appreciated and for our other friends with maybe gay apparel a touch of love and magic what is it grace oh a little faith we're still holding out for a little luck with a flower in her hairdo mixed feelings oh sure don't be too sure a sin another sin ah to err is human to forgive divine and forget it there's two sides to every story so you consider this both sides and let us know what you think about hope it is something good a lot like life thank you and best wishes warmest regards. HOME is where you hang your hat. You're welcome friends others go away strangers could angels unawares but better be a little careful. Okay? Good night sweetheart

    ReplyDelete